I love to add this as a side on many meals, or as a garnish on top of a simple piece of white fish or chicken. It's really easy to throw together and is a crowd pleaser!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups corn, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 dry shallot, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Malden (flake) salt
- Ground pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Cook corn (if using fresh), you can boil and then cut the kernels off, or if using frozen corn, thaw.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes until cooked and slightly charred. Set aside to let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, corn, shallot, jalapeño, and cilantro. Top with olive oil, Malden salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Toss gently, transfer to your favourite serving dish.