Who said you can only grill during summer? Squash, peaches, eggplant, sweet potatoes, and carrots all have the density to hold up to intense heat while benefiting from the flavour of the grill. And we have just the perfect grilled treat recipe for you: grilled peaches with maple vanilla cream. Whether you have a barbecue in your backyard or a grill pan on your stove, you can whip up this easy, delicious dessert.
Watch the video to see how it’s done + get the recipe below:
- 6 peaches
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- Splash of vanilla
- Carefully slice the peaches in half and remove the pits. To halve the peaches, gently slice the peach along the crease and all around the fruit. Once the peach is sliced through, gently twist the two halves in opposite directions to release from the pit. If the peach is ripe, the pit should easily pop out. If the pit isn’t popping out easily, carefully cut along the edges of the pit to help it release from the rest of the fruit.
- Coat the cut side of the peaches with real maple syrup. For easy and even coating, use a silicone brush.
- Once the peaches are coated, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. You can add a bit of butter to the pan to ensure the peaches don’t stick.
- Once the pan is heated, add in your glazed peaches cut-side down. Careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cover with foil and allow to grill for 2-3 minutes (just enough time for the peaches to soften and caramelize and for grill marks to form).
- Remove the grilled peaches from the pan and repeat the previous step until all of the peaches are done.
- Once the peaches are grilled, make the maple vanilla cream by whipping one cup of cream until it begins to thicken. Add in the powdered sugar and continue to whip, followed by the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Once the cream is complete and the peaches are grilled, top the peaches off with some cream and enjoy!