Prepare homemade ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt and slush in less than 20 minutes with our NEW Ricardo Ice Cream Maker. We love the chic brushed stainless steel finish and compact size, which makes for easy storage. Shop it >
What's on today's menu? Chocolate Ice Cream- yum!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups 35% heavy cream, warm
- 1 1/2 cups milk, warm
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1. In a saucepan off the heat, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the egg yolks until smooth. Whisk in the cream and milk.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, scraping the sides and bottom of the pan, until the mixture begins to simmer, thicken and coat the back of the spoon, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the ice cream base is smooth. Strain into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream base and let cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours. If desired, place the bowl over an ice bath for faster chilling.
4. Pour the chilled ice cream base into the ice cream maker and churn for 30 minutes or until thickened.
5. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Let the ice cream sit at room temperature for several minutes before serving, if needed.