Woo the one you love and make their heart skip a beat this season with meals you will fall in love with! From appetizers to delectable desserts, we have you covered. Treat yourself with indulgent dinner recipes to remember, after all, the way to the heart is through the stomach!
So Very Berry Brie
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, halved horizontally
Bagel and/or baked pita chips
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar is dissolved. Add berries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place bottom half of cheese in a small ungreased cast-iron or ovenproof skillet; pour 1/2 cup berry mixture over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° until cheese is softened, 8-10 minutes. Serve with chips.
Gnocchi cacio e pepe
2 tbsp unsalted butter
60g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, finely grated
2 tsp black pepper
salad leaves , to serve (optional)
- Cook the gnocchi in a large pan of lightly salted, boiling water. Drain and reserve 200ml of the cooking water
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the gnocchi, cheese and pepper as well as 150ml of the cooking water, raise the heat a little and stir vigorously until melted and the gnocchi is well coated. Pour in more of the reserved water if you like it saucier. Season with a little salt. Transfer the gnocchi to bowls and serve with a mixed salad, if you like.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
16 ounces milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.